When was the last time you took a good hard look at your brand? If it’s been a while, you might be surprised to discover your brand slipping away.
Why? Over time, it’s easy for your brand integrity to get diluted. Messages become foggy. Logos are misused by well-meaning vendors. You ose sight of your best customers.
To see if your brand needs a facelift this year, do a quick brand audit. Are you suffering from any of these issues?
- Muddy Messages – If your brand message isn’t crystal clear, it’s probably not getting through.
- Poor Positioning – Your customers won’t view you the way you want to been seen if your positioning is off balance.
- Clashing Communications Channels – Consistency matters. Over time, sales pitches, websites and collateral can get out of sync.
- Lax Logos – A tweak here, a touch up there. Before you know it, your logo has multiple looks and a watered-down image.
- Bleeding Colors – Close enough doesn’t count when your corporate colors are concerned.
If any of these items sounds familiar, it’s time to take a closer look at your branding. Get things back in line by training your staff on proper messaging, logo use and positioning to increase the effectiveness of your marketing.
Revisit your ideal customer profile, and make sure your messages resonate with them. Are you current partners aligned with similar targets? Do your messages complement each other, or conflict?
What other areas of your business show signs of dissonance from the intent of your branding efforts?
Not sure where to start? Check out 3 Steps to a Better Brand for tips.